The "Bad Boys Axe" is a great mid-sized tool perfect for camping or to keep handy in the vehicle or at home. It's small enough to split kindling but "BAD" enough to chop a small tree. Modeled after the well-known "Boy's Axe" of the US Forest Service, this beauty takes improved performance one step further. The axe is pierced with a special punch forming ribs horizontally and vertically inside the eye. A unique upsetting technique creates more contact area and "bite" between the head to handle joint. The result? A stronger, more durable tool. Beware: this well-balanced axe arrives razor sharp.
• 2.25 lb. head will last a lifetime - guaranteed
• Forged using 5160 grade alloy steel
• Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1 inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness RC 52-56
• 28" handle (before assembly) is made of grade 'A' American hickory and selected for grain orientation and density, making it strong. Mounted to the head in the traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security
• Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle
• Premium leather sheath protects the tool and user and features a buckle