A symbol of abundance, peace, and friendship, these unique olive trees are the perfect hostess gift or natural decoration for your home. Hardy growers in many climates, these prolific fruiting trees are simple to grow both indoors and outdoors.
• 18" - 24" tall
• Growing instructions included
Olive tree care:
• Water: Thoroughly water when the soil is dry. Keep the soil evenly moist and avoid over-watering. Watering in a sink to capture runoff is a nice place to water your tree. Never let plant sit in water.
• Fertilizer: Feed with a water-soluble general plant fertilizer found at your local garden center.
• Container Planting: If you live in a northern environment where you experience severe freezing temperatures (colder than 15 degrees F), it would be good to plant your olive tree in a container which can be brought indoors during the cold winter months. Once the danger of frost has passed, bring your olive tree outdoors into the full sun again for another growing season.
• Landscape Planting: Pick a spot in the full sun or another spot with a minimum of five hours of direct sunlight. Plant the olive tree according to the container planting directions listed above. Make sure your winter lows do not dip below 18 degrees F.